Monday, November 17, 2008

A mothers frustration!

About 3 months ago a saw a toy that I thought Trace would love for Christmas, a Tonka Bounce Back Racer.

It's a R/C car thats designed especially for kid Trace's size. I've been so excited to get him one and about a month ago I actually had one and was considering buying it but I thought "no I'll wait for a better deal closer to Christmas!" Now I'm kicking myself.

Who knew that this would become the must have toy of the season. Every toy store is sold out of them and the only place you can buy them is on Ebay for, suprise suprise, double the price! As a mother it frustrates me to no end that people will extort those of us who want to give our kids something fun for Christmas! GRRR! So here I sit on Toys R Us's mailing list hoping one will come into stock before Christmas. And if anyone out there happens to find one out there I'd be happy to pay you back for it! Here's hoping your Christmas shopping is less stressful then mine will be. I have a feeling I may have to beat us a few people if I want one by Christmas! hehe

5 comments:

tami said...

yea mine is going to be hectic cause i cant shop till we get to germany yuck 6 days before christmas yuck

Gena said...

Annie, if there's one thing I've learned it's to follow those instincts! It saved me with Power Rangers, Furbees and countless others. Have you tried Amazon.com? They may help.

tami said...

i just looked on amazon for her and they want like $50

Zackira's said...

Haha, you know you would do the same thing if you had one. Perhaps they have four kids and need money.

Marianne said...

Kira!! NOT our sweet Annie!! Me, maybe...but not her! I feel your pain Annie. All Richard wanted a few years back was Hogwarts Castle in LEGOS. Reg. price $89. Not only could I not find one, I seriously questioned paying that much for a bunch of plastic! One week before Christmas we were just strolling through Fred Meyer and ran into a display of Hogwarts Castles that had just arrived and were 40% off!! Talk about luck and maybe an answered prayer or two! We'll keep our eyes peeled for you!