Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our first post! YAY!










So this is it, we've officially caught up to the rest of the world. After receiving TWO notices in the last month that dear friends are blogging, I've decided that it sounds rather therapeutic, so here we go.




Our family is growing by leaps and bounds. Our sweet little boy Jaxson Dean joined our family on August 3rd and he is blending with our family very well. His personality is very laid back and he is the most easy going baby I've ever encoutered. Trace just loves him. He follows me around asking to hold him, and would sit and hold him all day if I would let him. Kena seems still a little wary of him, but she loves him all the same. She loves to sit next to me on the couch while I feed Jaxson and feed her baby as well. She is also very ingtrigued by his feet, much to Jax's dismay. He seems to be opposed to people touching his feet and Kena can't get enough of them!




Cory and I have been busy ourselves. Cory started working on him Masters Degree on the 1st of August and it is coming along very well. He's already finished his first set of work and is anxious to get started on his work. All he needs is books and he's ready to go. We found an online university that will let him work at his own pace to finish school. There will be no set semesters, just a few deadlines, and if all goes as planned, he'll be finished in about 18 months. That means good things for our family. Cory's already been offered a position with Moss Adams as soon as his degree is done. That means our choice of office and our probably another move but we're ready for it. We've loved Wyoming, but after losing Mom this last year, I have a real desire to be closer to Dad. Even if its just for a few years. Moss Adams has an office in Albuquerque so we think that may be where we end up. It won't be for long I'm sure. Only a few years until Cory can get some experience under his belt. After that we're not sure where we'll end up. Could be SLC or even somewhere else. We trust that Heavenly Father knows whats best for our family and we'll definatley keep him in on the decision. But I shouldn't worry to much about it considering its still at least 2 years off.


I have started rubber stamping and I love it. I get together once a month with a great group of gals and we just stamp cards and scrapbook. Its great fun and gives me a chance to have some grown up time. Then I get to come home and stamp with Trace. He's a huge help *wink* and we have lots of fun together.


Speaking of Trace, he is potty trained now, although we have had a minor set back with Jaxson's arrival. He had a few days of accidents, but we expected it and it is correcting itself. He's is your typical toddler and has more energy then his mommy can keep up with most days, but he loves his brother and sister and slows down to play with them most of the time. Oh and he's decided that yucky is his new favorite word, especially at dinner. I guess we're entering into the picky phase. Thankfully, most nights he can be persuaded to eat it anyway.


Kena is a little spit fire and she is FINALLY walking. It was 2 days before Jax joined us that she finally decided to go for it. It's made life much easier for her mommy. She adores her big brother and wants to do everything he does. Most of the time its cute, some days not so much. Like the other day when brother taught her how crayons taste, or when he decided that she needed some lotion and got her from head to toe, literally. They keep me busy but I'm so glad they get along. They've both got great little personalities and fit so well into our family.


Jax, like I said before, is a great baby. He only cries for food, and he's only getting up once a night. It's a beautiful thing for his mommy and daddy. He's very easy going, and loves his brother to hold him.
And thats our fam in a nut shell. We love you all and you'll be hearing from us soon!

3 comments:

di said...

yay! i love blogs! adorable pictures! we miss you tons!

Laurie said...

So fun! Your kids are super cute-- especially the last picture of Kena. I'm glad that you've got a blog now, it will be an easy way to stay in touch.
Good luck to Cory with school, and to you with stamping. I'm in a stamp club too and I love it!

Anaelay said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going so well. Thank you for sharing and I'm excited to hear more. We think about you often and can't wait til we can get together again. Speaking of which is Oct. a possibility?