Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 4 - Disneyland

All of the best people are Mad!

Finally at Disneyland
We had to have mouse ears. Notice that Jaxson's have a box of popcorn between the ears. He loved them and we got comments on them ALL day!

I had to toss this one in because I love Kena's pose...

Meeting Tinkerbell. She was so cute and spunky and Kena loved her.

Irridessa was amazing and Kena warmed right up to her.

I loved the little fairy houses on the way to pixie hollow.

Kena wouldn't get on Dumbo so we got a picture of she and Mason on the Dumbo outside of the ride.
We rode Casey Jr. in the wild animal car. Very appropriate.

My little mousketeers on Minnie's couch.


Many of you know about our ordeal with Disneyland. About 2 days before we left for vacation our tickets were no where to be found. Disney's policy was you lost them, your problem. It was hard and awful and I cried for an entire day...and then we got a small miracle. My college mentor Margaret (who I've never met in person and only speak to once every two weeks) called for our weekly conversation. I was in the midst of the drama that we like to call Disneyland and I told her all about my problem and how we were going to just call it a wash and enjoy our vacation anyway. This was Thursday morning. By Thursday evening I had received a phone call from Margaret. She told me that she'd spoken to her husband and some other WGU mentors and they'd decided that they could stew over how awful it all was, or they could do something about it. They decided to do the later! We'd already replaced 2 days of our Disney trip with other parks, but she and those others bought our little family a day in Disneyland. I'm forever indebted to her for that and my hope is that someday I can pay it forward with an equally selfless act! Thanks Margaret. You are truly an amazing individual!

6 comments:

bunchocoffeys said...

Oh my goodness, that truly looks like the happiest place on earth! How fun!

Margaret said...

Those mouse ears are PRICELESS!

Piper said...

I want to be your vacation buddy next time! I'm a big kid there!

Zackira's said...

Looks like fun, I am sure you have paid it forward in the past and will again. Thanks Margaret!

Edwin & Tamara said...

you all look like you had a whole lot of fun

balloongal said...

What a generous thought on the part of Margaret and co.