Friday, March 14, 2008

For my Mom

This morning I've been thinking an awful lot about my Mom. Her headstone was laid recently and it's been about a year since we found out that she wasn't going to make it. It brings back a lot of memories, and as we approach this Easter season I think a lot about her. My Mom was and is an amazing person. She could make a boo boo better and turn the most odd food combinations into a gourmet dinner. She taught me how to have fun, how to be a friend, and how to love. It's been almost a year now since I was last able to hug her, or heck even talk to her. I think that that has been the hardest part for me. We use to speak every day and having to go cold turkey stinks. But I know that she is still my Mom and that she is still watching over us all. And some day, when I've done everything that I need to do, I will get that hug and we'll sit and catch up and it will be wonderful. What a blessing it is to know that we will be a family forever. For that I'm eternally grateful.

4 comments:

Zackira's said...

I wish I could make your boo boo's better. I would do it in a heartbeat you know that. I love your mommy too!

J and J Black said...

I too have been having those thoughts. The last time going to Albu. was about the time I took to the hospital the last time and it was a very lonly drive I love all you Dad

Edwin & Tamara said...

We too have been thinking alot about mom and how much we miss having her smiling face to see everyday, but we know she is happy and smiling down on us everyday.
Love ya little sister keep your chin up.

Jeff and Tenille said...

Reading this post broke my heart. I think I can now understand a little of what you must of went through. Your family is so strong. You guys are my heros. I miss aunt Sharon too!! I will always remember her with a big smile and a contagious laugh. Having something like this happen really makes you realize how important family is. Love ya guys!