Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We're off to a good start!

Well it would appear that with 2008 in full swing, the Hadley family is off to a good start. We started the year with a night that made me think that this was gonna be a rough one. Kenadee woke up about 11:30 to ring in the new year. Its a shame that the party didn't wind down until 4:30 a.m. We did everything we could think of, but until she was ready there was no sleeping.
Then we woke up about 5:30 to Trace crying. All he would say was that he didn't feel good, so I sat and rocked him until about 7. That's when he decided that it was his ear that hurt. He was in so much pain by 10 that we made a trip to the hospital in Evanston. Turns out there was some sort of ear infection raging in his little ear and of course since it was New Years day there was no such thing as an open pharmacy. Thankfully our wonderful doctor got us some amoxacillin (abc?) and some numbing drops so that Trace could get through the night. What a start!
Things have since quieted down. Jax is growing like a weed and starting to roll over. Our goal is to have him walking by next July when we go on vacation. I think sitting up is a good start and he's well on his way.
Kena is our little spitfire. She's full of life and adventure and has a bold little spirit. She is definitely the muscle in our family. She rough houses with the best of them and loves to wrestle with Trace. She has an incredibly gentle side too. She loves her brothers and loves to help mommy feed and burp little brother. She's going to nursery without Trace these days, a transition that I wasn't sure would go smoothly, but I'm happy to report that she had not problem, and in fact didn't want to leave when church was over.
Trace is officially a Sunbeam and the jury is still out as to whether he likes it or not. All day Sunday he told me that he just wanted his "old class". Things are looking up though. He told me today that being a "sunshine" was lots of fun. Here's hoping. He's learning his alphabet and numbers and sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star every where he goes.
Cory is busy at work and school. He's getting closer to his Masters everyday and its going well. He's still in Cub scouts, working with the Webelos and its fun for him.
I just started my new calling as the Valiant 12 teacher in Primary. My class is great and I love having the ability to teach them at such an important age. They are great kids!
And that's our year so far in a nut shell. Hope yours is going as well!

1 comment:

Zackira's said...

That makes me feel even more lazy. All I have done all year is sit around and watch movies. Now ork for me, WOOT WOOT!