Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's party time!

Every conference in April we have an extra special Saturday. See it was 5 years ago that my sweet little sunshine joined our family and conference weekend just happens to be the perfect time for a party! So we pullout our finest plastic wear, string up some balloons and start the celebration!
Kenadee invited a few of her little friends over for a cupcake party this year and we thought it was fitting that Paige got her a cupcake. It's a cute little jewelry box with a cupcake necklace inside.
Laney came and brought small animals (another of Kena's favorites) and Rebekah gave her some yummy smelling soaps (I didn't get a picture, oops!).
From her brothers she got a fur real friend. This kitty will walk around with her and purr when you pet it.
And the creepy crown jewel of her party was a Lalaloopsy. I don't know how many of you have seen these dolls, but I find them just a little creepy. This is Jewels Sparkle and she was sewn from a real princess dress. My favorite part of this gift was that when she got it all unwrapped her expression was "I can't believe you remembered!" Well of course I remembered. It's my job silly girl!
And finally she got a Rapunzel doll. We've got a new found obsession at our house with Tangled and she's been doing doll hair all afternoon!
Then after a tasty lunch of grilled hot dogs and french fries, we decorated our very own cupcakes! We had all sorts of fun sprinkles out for the kids, and I made home made whip cream frosting (super tasty!). The girls had so much fun making their cupcakes pretty. I think this is an idea we may keep around for our next little lady.
And this is the shot I took when I realized that Kenadee was missing from the last one. She was being so meticulous about her cupcake that she wouldn't even look up for a photo. So here's to my sweet Mary Sunshine and the love and laughter she brings to our home. We love you Kena!

3 comments:

bunchocoffeys said...

Looks like fun, but where's the aprons?!

Marianne said...

Yes, I am the apron lady...I want to see what you came up with!

It looks like you had so much fun. I remember all of the birthday parties I threw for my four little girls. Were my girls ever that small? Yes, just a few years ago!

Happy Birthday sweet Kenadee!

balloongal said...

What a wonderful tradition and good feeling around General Conference.