Monday, October 4, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love love love everything about the end of a year! From October til December there is nothing but happy, warm, wonderful memories made and I love it! What is so great you ask, well there's changing Autumn colors. Who doesn't love to look out their window and see all the wonderful colors. It's a daily reminder of how much our Father in Heaven loves us. What a beautiful world!
Then there's Halloween. I know so many people who look at it as a made up holiday thats full of greed, but I love opening my door to all those little faces, dressed up with eyes full of anticipation. It's so much fun and I love it.
And following Halloween is Thanksgiving. What a glorious holiday when I can take the time to be thankful and let those I love know how much I appreciate them. I've been accused of rolling Thanksgiving and Christmas together, and it's true I do. I put up my Christmas tree before the Turkey is out of the oven, and I even play Christmas music during dinner, but the two holidays just compliment each other so well. Everything I celebrate and love about Christmas are everything that I'm so thankful for!
And speaking of Christmas, who doesn't love Christmas. Family and remembering the birth of our Savior. Sigh...it doesn't get any better. And so I'm excited because it is officially the most wonderful time of the year!!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh sweetie! I am so happy to hear your lovely thoughts today and know how glad you are about life. thank you for the reminder. Today I look out my window and see dark clouds and lightning. I AM thankful for it because the A/C is not running!

On a side note, I have finished scanning the photos Mom has from the 1940's and am starting on the 50's. I am anxious to share them with you all!

balloongal said...

Good for you, Annie.

bunchocoffeys said...

Thanks alot, now I have a Christmas song stuck in my head! But I agree, the end of the year rocks!